Why he never loved me after a year. He wanted to work it out then go back and forth and leave me as soon as he didn't get his way?

I was with this guy for a year and he was nice then mean and go back and forth. He'd say I was worthless useless but then be with me in the end he said he liked me but never loved me I had a year to get closure which we where together a year. Told me it's over and goes to another girl a few days later like I was nothing. Why did he not love me was it my fault I sacrificed my friends family myself and did everything for him while sticking by his side I don't get it
Why was he like this to me when I tried everything I could to please him
I don't know
GirlGuy
9