Should I forgive him?

I will try and lay this out as clearly as possible. We were together for 6 months. He loved me a lot but by the last 3 ( ish? ) weeks he began to feel like he couldn’t do anything right and because of other stresses began to kind of break down , and I could see it in how much he was crying as he’s not a generally emotional person. He went out one night and got blackout drunk and high and ended up making out with a different girl. He broke up with me the next day and told me he was breaking and knew he did not deserve my love, but did not tell me about the cheating. He was crying so much and told me he felt like he could feel nothing and he didn’t know what was wrong with him. I asked if we could just take a break while he figured his shit out and he agreed. 5 days into the break I found out that he cheated and confronted him and he confessed and broke down. He told me in a perfect world he could have me but he knows he doesn’t deserve me. I asked if it was over and he said he doesn’t want it to be and I said I didn’t either but I was scared it would happen again. He said he wanted to fix himself and make himself a better person for me, and try again. I said it would be hard to forgive him and he said he understands if I can’t do it. I said I want to see how he fixes himself. I know everybody says cheating is the bottom line - a no. But I genuinely love him and I am willing to forgive him so long as I see a real difference and if he spends this time actually fixing himself and finds ways to make it up to me.
Should I forgive him?
Add Opinion