Is my ex boyfriend just being friendly or is he waiting?

hi guys,

my ex boyfriend broke up with me about 3 months ago, we dated for 9 months and had a great relationship until I became very anxious and clingy as we’d been through something tough! When he broke up with me he said he hoped we could continue in the future but I don’t know if he meant it. Now I’ve really made some personal changes and improved my life a lot! I tried to strike a convo with him and he plainly told me he didn’t see a future with me I accepted it. But he said he’d always love me. A month passed and now he’s been messaging me on and off for about 3 weeks, called me gorgeous and gave me compliments, but when I reply he doesn’t always reply back and it just keeps going like this. He’s always the one messaging me, and when I asked him if he wanted his stuff back as I’m moving out he said we should wait a bit as it would be nice to see me :(

i dont wanna be stupid and hold on for nothing. But why is he contacting me all the time? Is he being friendly? Is he waiting until the time is right? Or is he just playing mind games. Just want to get over him !

Sorry its long, thanks guys xx
3
1