How to stop feeling fear about being in a relationship? After a traumatic breakup?

Me and my ex-girlfriend broke up. Its been a while and i feel better. However, the circumstances were extremely traumatic to me. I feel like my emotions were so painful it brought physical pain too because of the shock. Waking up every morning i felt like a part of me was missing. I felt some of the most hopeless times in my life during my break up. I look for meaning in all this but there was none. The person that said she loved me and would never abandon me, that said shed always have my back. Instantly cut me off, blocked me on everything and was just hostile and mean. She didn't really give an honest answer as to why and refuses to speak with me. She refused to even try to work it out or be friends or in each other life in any way. I was never so vulnerable with someone before in my life. The relationship gave me trust in her. I believed what she said to me and i love her deeply and i thought she felt the same. I literally felt depressed for about a year all for a girl that couldn't care an inch about me. I truly feel i have healed as far as pain goes. However im not even sure why the relationship ended and it just seems like unfinished in my soul. I dont feel so optimistic of relationships and feel comfortable alone. I want a relationship one day. But how and why could you do this again? A girl could look in your eyes say she loves you then disappear from your life with the most intense cruelty and what can you do to control this? I dont agree with being attached I know people come and go. However it happens so often in romantic relationships and brings out so much pain.
0
2