Hooked up with an ex, who is with the girl he cheated on me with, why?

So me and my ex were together for a 1 year and a half, we lived together and spoke about getting married etc. I suspected he had feelings for a girl from work, he denied this to start but eventually cheated on me with her.
I was devastated as I thought he was the love of my life. We had back and forth contact for weeks. Then a couple of months later we met to exchange stuff and ended up sleeping together. Made me feel terrible. Long story short - the girl found out.
Fast forward a couple of months - he said he’s trying to work things out with her but we met up, went to the pub, he said he’s thought about me a lot, brings me back to his and we hook up again. Is he just using me because we had great sex and he clearly isn’t satisfied with his sex life? Or do you think he’s still torn about his feelings?
3
1