Should I give him another chance?

my boyfriend of 7 months got blackout drunk at a party & high and made out with a girl whom he does not even remember ( only kissing ). The 2 weeks before this incident occurred was very hard for our relationship and he was having mental health issues as he was overwhelmed with university and family stuff ( I could tell he was going through something as he cried a lot ). We are now on a break as he says he does not want me to be hurt while he is currently going through this hard time in his life. He has asked for a month to sort through his thoughts and try and improve himself for me before we have a conversation about what happened. I’ve made it very clear that I don’t want this to be the kind of break where we can both go with different people or spend the time fucking around, and I genuinely hope he is actually trying to get his shit together for our relationship and his life. If after we’ve given eachother some space, in a month if he says he wants to work through this and he respects the fact that it will take time to repair what he has broken, is it worth another shot? We really really loved eachother and he cried for 3 days straight after the cheating incident and told me he didn’t deserve me and he felt empty and like everything in his life was getting shattered.
Should I give him another chance?
Add Opinion