People with diabetes , was there ever a phase you felt unworthy of love?

I was dating this 21 year old male with type 2 diabetes and we had the saddest break up after he had a diabetic ketoacidosis attack. He vomited in front of me ( crying saying how I never would have wanted anyone to see me like this especially you) and got embarrassed by it, plus later when we reunited he revealed to me that after I left to the airport he went upstairs to his apartment and said “ this is where we should have hung out, not a hospital”. When we were in the hospital he said diabetes has ruined so much for him and he just struggles with taking care of himself with eating out so much.

I love him with all my heart and want to continuously support him with all I am but I just please please ask anyone, especially a male, how diabetes effected your view on involving another person romantically. Or if there was a time you felt unworthy of love because you didn’t want to put someone else through the process. Thank you guys.
1
0