My boyfriend wants to take a break, but he did it over text and silence since?

My boyfriend and I have been on the rocks for the last couple of months and honestly it's due us both not listening to the other. So my boyfriend basically broke it up over a text but it's what he said in it that confuses me.
He said we aren't working out RIGHT NOW, he does love me and loves being with me. But I've been too negative and needy. (Which I admit is true. But he's been in this depression state for awhile too. And he's withdrawn from me. ) anyway, back to text... he says he's not seeing anyone or dating and he only wants to focus on himself and his son. Which I understand. He says he still wants to date me but not exclusively... which he says is for my own good. But I don't want to date anyone else either. He says he doesn't either but I suspect he's seeing this woman he met in his divorce support group, but she's kinda seeing another guy so I don't know... and after the text I haven't heard a peep. And I've tried texting him and calling (only day of, last Friday and then today, I haven't blown him up or anything) he's ghosted me. It's so painful.
2
0