Why would an ex keep liking your pics and sending you messages every now and then when you haven’t shown any interest in dealing with them for years?

I don’t follow him, I don’t like his stuff, I don’t answer his messages, I don’t even read his messages and I haven’t done any of this for years now. I have a public insta profile he goes liking with different accounts. He doesn’t even get a read from me and he’s had a girlfriend since we broke up (he jumped in with her a week after we broke up), so what’s the need to try and keep me in his life when I clearly don’t want to be in it and his girlfriend definitely wouldn’t want me in his life. So why not just leave me be and quit following and messaging?
1
0