How To Break Up With Someone You Love?

After coming to college, I've found it really hard to still feel into my relationship with my long distance boyfriend who is also still in his last year of highschool. I graduated early, so the grade difference isn't an issue. I just feel bad lately because I've found myself longing for a relationship I can have in person rather than only being able to talk to my boyfriend on the phone occasionally if my roommates are gone. Everyone I've talked to about this situation keeps telling me to dump him because it isn't fair to either of us for me to continue to date him despite wanting more, but it's hard on me because I still love him. He's one of my closest friends, and I would really hate to lose him over this considering I don't even know if I'll find someone to date here, I just want to have freedom incase I do meet someone. He's also working really hard to get into the college I go to, so I don't know if it's even worth dumping him considering he could be here next semester, so it would've either been for nothing or it could be extremely awkward for the both of us if he gets accepted. I don't know what to do and I am DESPERATELY searching for advice. Please don't only say 'dump him', because that's the only answer I've gotten so far. I need helps on either how to do it, or what to do if you don't think I should dump him.
How To Break Up With Someone You Love?
Add Opinion