Guys, does my boyfriend really prefer me with makeup or is he jelous I look better?

Sooooo the other day I did a full face of makeup. Usually I do wear makeup but it’s quite natural but when we go out I like to apply more like lipstick etc. Anyways the other day I thought my makeup was on point and he goes to me, ‘babe what did you do to your face? Why are you wearing so much makeup?’ Anyways my reply was dont hate I look good lol. He said you do but it’s like your going to a wedding, you never usually wear that much (seriously guys it was nothing crazy) anyways I asked him ‘do you not like it or something?’ And he said it looks good, but I prefer you with less, and I asked why and he said because I like you more natural. He said my skin looked completely different, like more light, more bright and smoothe. Isn’t that a good thing? lol I kept asking him if he actually thought I looked better without it and he said he thinks I look good with it too, but without it also.. he can’t say one is better than the other but overall he prefers me natural because he thinks I’m cute. I dunnoooo I’m confused cause I never been told that really and I feel way more attractive with it on. Sooooo what’s his point? P. S he is kinda the jelous type, like if I wear hot things when we go out
3
1