Do you really believe in "bad timing" or is it just an excuse?

If someone you're dating says you're really awesome but breaks it off because of "bad timing", do you really believe this? Or do you think that a guy who is really into you will figure out a way to make it work?

Guy I was dating just broke things off with me. He legitimately does have a lot of stuff up in the air. He needs to find a new job, which may or may not take him out of the area, and he's really busy with other friend commitments, etc. right now. He said I'm really awesome and he wanted to see where things went with us, but that he has realized how much he has up in the air right now and just feels like it wouldn't be fair to either of us to try to start something up now.

Guys, if you were in this situation, would you really break things off with a girl you liked or would you figure out a way to make things work?
3
1