Boyfriend is leaving me, because he doesn’t know if he loves ex or not. What should I do?

I dated my boyfriend for 3 years, he’s 30 years old and things were getting serious. most recently he wanted to break up, because he says he keeps thinks about an ex and his first love. They dated for 6 months during an exchange programme (that was in 2013). He says that she was really sweet to him and since then, even though he tried to forget her, he couldn’t. I told me he has this illusion of her, but o needs to know if he stills like her or not. That is the reason why he wants to meet her. She knows about this and accepted to meet him. (The don’t see each other since 2013). I don’t know what to do. He told me that there are chances of him regretting and that he would come back after me. He told me that he still loves me, but he needs to take that of his mind. So we broke up, but he still wants to see me. We said that we will see each other again in 1 month after he meets her, so he will tell me what he wants (he told me he doesn’t know what he wants). I’m probably going to travel, but I’m so scared. We have a great connection and this is the only thing that is messing up the relationship. What should I do? Do you guys think he will regret?
3
1