How do people like this react?

I had gone out with this girl a few times, and as well as the dates went, something seemed off. She'd go times without responding and then say how much she misses me.
Between this and my friends, we deducted that she probably was seeing other guys and I wasn't as important. When I told her I didn't want to waste my time and I don't think she liked me like she said, she got extremely defensive and said I shouldn't think that way and she really liked me. She just had a lot of things going on.
She didn't respond for a week after that. So I texted her to follow up and I asked about how she's doing. I waited for half a day and then I sent a final message to her.
That I enjoyed getting to know her, and I hoped she'd find good things in life.

My friends believe she thought she had me around her finger, and when she got that, she'd be like 'Oh fuck, I messed up'
As much as I'd like to believe that, I don't. And my friends believe once she thinks it over she will reach out to me
I don't think she will.
How do people like this react?
0
1