Dating a guy with anxiety for 6 weeks, he broke up with me when things started to get serious. Will he change his mind?

I've been seeing this guy for 6 weeks. Things were going great from my perspective. Then out of the blue he called me and said he just doesn't feel ready for a relationship. He can't pinpoint one specific thing its just a feeling. We had a very intense emotional conversation where we both cried, but he didn't express any desire to slow things down or work it through. He was just done.

I just don't understand what happened. It feels like he was overthinking everything instead of just seeing where things go. I feel that he must care for me to get emotional and cry over our breakup. Is there a chance he'll change his mind? Am I being crazy to even consider that? I just can't shake this feeling that breaking up was not the right thing.
1
1