Have you ever been so hurt by dating that you doubt you'll ever trust enough to date again?

I was recently totally screwed over by this guy I thought I was dating. He talked to me ALL the time and he seemed to really like me. Turns out, he was just stringing me along and taking advantage of me the entire time.

I look back now at all the things I should've seen and I can't believe I was so stupid. The thing is, I'm a big ol' softie. I am the person who would never hurt a fly. I know most people aren't like that, but I just can't wrap my head around how he could completely play me like that and how I didn't see any of it coming. I'm at the point where I don't think I'll ever trust anyone enough to ever date again. Has anyone else felt this way? Did you eventually overcome it?
1
2