My ex was beyond cruel to me, left me and is already in an extremely happy relationship with someone much better than me does any one have any advice?

+5Xper
I can’t put into words just what happened and what I’ve been like but I can try.
I studied abroad in North America, fell very in love with a girl and had an amazing relationship together. However I had to return to my home country to finish my final year of my degree so we decided to go long distance and things were awful. I did everything in my power to keep things going and make things work but it didn’t work.
- she was cruel
- abusive
- manipulative
- unhelpful (I worked every evening till 4am whilst studying to fly back as often as I could )
- she cheated on me with 7 different people
- I bankrupted myself trying to study and work us out.

I did everything possible and whilst she loved me she said she just needed to be single for a while as she knew I was “the one” and she needed to date around and make sure that I was so eventually broke up with me. Amidst being upset over that within a very short period of time she was with a new guy and they’ve been together ever since and seem extremely happy and have been together over 8 months. It breaks my heart every time I see evidence of this but I was getting slightly better.

Then after 3-4 months of not speaking she contacted me and said how he was nothing compared to me and was just a nice guy and nothing more and that she and her friends saw him as a “placeholder for me”. She even said that she wanted to move to the city I’m living in next year as it’s always been her dream etc...

Basically I’m now more messed up than before and don’t know what to think. I’ve been put off relationships or even dating a girl for so long, have 0 confidence left and can’t understand how she got away so easily and has such a happy life whilst I’m stuck mentally torturing myself for months?
1