Friend with benefits?

So I had this friends with benefits so told me all she wanted was sex and not to catch feelings. So I never did in the beginning. I mean I liked another girl and she knew it. She caught feelings because I treated better then her last boyfriend. But she was trying to be my girlfriend I didn’t want one. But she kept trying and truthfully I wasn’t expressing the same This was a thing for almost a year so recently I started working mornings so I didn’t see her much. But with that time away I saw how good she was for me and wanted something more with her but before I could tell she says it’s better we stay friends. I told her I realize how much I liked her and developed feels for her. But she said she’d been hurt by me too many times and lost all feelings. I was hurt by that because I wanted to change and treat her way better but she doesn’t want to try she wants to be single and find herself. I asked our friends that they were right I should have chose her and what I should do. Do says keep trying and show her you have changed. I texted to apologize for acting emotional because I have been stressed by other things and thought we had a break up. She says we never dated , so I Asher her and in big letters said NO. So I decided to give her her space. I want to try again but put my effort in to this time. So what should I do
Friend with benefits?
Add Opinion