Can two people make it work again after a bad break up?

My boyfriend and I broke up after a rocky relationship where we both made mistakes. I never really communicated my needs properly to him, and he ended up cheating on me, and the whole situation ended up being really messy and confusing.

He’s now dating someone else, which hurts for me to know, but he still wants to be friends with me. At the moment, part of me hates him for what he did to me, and for moving on so quickly to someone else.

Even so, thinking back to our relationship I realise that when it was good it was the happiest I’ve even been, and I loved him so much. We were best friends, we were so close and got on really well, and we had discussed marriage and kids in the future. Is this really the end, or is it possible that this is just a bad period for us, and that we could possibly get back together after some time has passed?
4
0