This guy is a JERK?

I was very angry so I rejected him and called him my acquaintance. Didn't speak to him cos I didn't want to have a confrontation regarding my mistakes and the misunderstanding.
I mean I thought he would follow me and chat me up once I would say hello and walk on but he didn't do it.
He tried to clear the confusion saying he was confused and felt I didn't want to talk to him but I blamed him for ignoring me while I was saying hello to him.

I lied to him because I didn't want to admit that I really wanted to talk to him and go out together.

I ended up cutting him off and pretending I have no idea what he was talking about.
A year later, after a nasty break up with a new guy, I am suddenly reminded of him as i saw him yesterday.
Now I feel terrible. I still have a soft spot for him as there was a time when I was completely smitten and wanted him as my boyfriend.

How can I reclaim our lost relation?
This guy is a JERK?
2
2