Why the sudden change?

Hey everyone ! I’m looking into getting answers & advice especially from the guys but both girls & guys. someone I had dated Briefly 3yrs Ago , move forward with our lives but he got married and had a kid. We both realized we are in love with each other no matter how hard we’ve tried we just can’t make our feelings go away. we haven’t hung out , no affair. Recently his wife left him and their child, He’s been looking into ending it with her cause he’s no longer happy and obviously she hasn’t been at all since she left without a warning and has found other interests. it kind of was a relieve in a way for him since he was looking into ending it anyway so that he could be truly happy with the woman he loves and should of been with in the first place (me) and for his child to not be dealing with the bad from the mom. I was going to get married and was going to move elsewhere but I couldn’t do it cause I truly love him , he told me he’s glad I didn’t because he wants to be the man I marry and spend the rest of my life with and that he won’t let me go cause he lost me once and he doesn’t want to loose me again. So there’s been talk about a future, but lately I feel he’s serious around me now. He’s told me to be there for him but how can I? If I feel like he’s pushing me away. I know he’s going through a lot & will have to sort a lot since he’s in the process of divorce and dealing with being the only caretaker of their son. I’m not sure what to do or say to be there for him since he’s acting distant with me. I don’t want to be suffocating him eitheir you know? We had recently started texting but not all the time and that has stopped too. I did tell him I’m not going anywhere & that we will be ok that he will be ok and I’m by his side. gave him a quick hug & still after his acting all distant with me. I’ve just taken that as backing off lol honestly. I’m lost here.
Why the sudden change?
Add Opinion