Guys be quickly responsive? apology text from dumper?

My ex dumped me in the cruelest way possible, and apologized for it 3 days after I texted him saying he is still my friend just as we vowed to be (i know stupid right? He was my first and i didn't get hold of my emotions at that time). I did not respond to his text afterwards. What does that mean?

“Dear Omneya
I’ve been sitting here thinking about all the things I wanted to apologize to you for. All the pain we caused each other. Everything I put on you. Everything I needed you to be or needed you to say. I’m sorry for that. I’ll always love you and you helped make me who I am. I just wanted you to know there will be a piece of you in me always, and I’m grateful for that. Whatever someone you become, and wherever you are in the world, I’m sending you love. You will always be part of my life
Love you forever and will always do🌍❤”

Does it mean he is regretting me? Does it mean he wants me back? For me it is over. Because I truly cared for him. I just want to know whether or not I made a difference in his life, and that he lost a good woman (just like his mother said).. he crushed me with the choice he made to be honest..
Regrets and wants to get back
Regrets but doesn't want to get back
Seeking attention
Vote C
Doesn’t regret but is sorry for me
Vote D
GirlGuy
5
1