Does he like me? But why didn’t give it a try?

I have been in a friends with benefits relationship for like 3 years. I secretly wanted him to be more than just a f**k buddy, but never told him. We travel together a lot, also go another country together. We used to live in the same country when we were students, but now we both live in different country. We just made time to meet in a country we been together before. He said he miss me and I said I miss him too. We had a good time there, he didn’t change still the same, I even ask him to go somewhere else with me next time, and he said oh yeah let’s go. He said “ if you ask me to go to you, I’ll fly to your place for sure “ But before we left there, I had a small argument with him about he texted to other girls while with me and I saw it accidentally, but this wasn’t first time we argue about it. He said we’re not in a relationship why I acted like this. I told him him he hurts my feelings saying this, he said he understands that, but he thinks I was blaming on him. Maybe the language barrier made him misunderstood my point of that argument. When we were in the airport I asked him what are we now? Friends or sth else? He said friends, I asked why? He said cuz we live in a different country and I have my job and he has his things to do (he is moving to the city to start his career) I cried all the way home on the plane. My friend said maybe he likes me but he doesn’t want to commit, but he didn’t even to give it a try to be with me, she thinks it’s better if I leave him. And I texted him about that but his answer was “I just arrived at... too hard...” he didn’t even talk about what I just said above.
Does he like me? But why didn’t give it a try?
Add Opinion