Why did he choose her over me?

Anonymous
I’ve been having this long distance relationship for almost 2 months now. I've been talking to this guy who is in the military and the vibe between us was really good. He told me he loved me after 2 weeks, proposed to me over a month, and I was going to move up there to him in 6 months... last night he was literally begging me to get his initials tatted on my vagina next week. Anyways he always talked shit about his ex who he was with for 4 years off and on. She ended up cheating on him multiple times and got pregnant with someone else’s baby. So I never thought I would have to worry about her. Last night , something inside me told me to message her. I don’t know why but I had an urge to so I did. Come to find out she’s been with this man for a year !!! So he’s been playing us both. Anyways this morning when he called her she put it on three way. My mic was on mute, but she asked him if he was seeing someone else and etc and he swore on his daughters and DEAD sisters life that he wasn’t. So she told me to say hello and he busted out laughing. She was screaming at him saying she’s done and shit and he was like “ you knew the only reason I was messing with her was because of the money” . I literally sent this man $80 every week for the past month. SHE sent him a $100 last night... so how was he using me for money when he was getting it from her? Anyways he said he didn’t care about me and I was crazy and blah blah blah. I don’t understand what I did? I supported his dreams, talked to him, loved him, was willing to move up there with him, etc... like I’m heart broken and confused..
Why did he choose her over me?
Add Opinion