Dealing with a guy that’s possibly still in love with his ex, could he just be telling her what she wants to hear?

Destini__
So I’ve been talking to this guy, we’re not dating but sort of still in the talking getting to know each other stage. He says he’s not quite ready for a relationship again because he ended things with the mother of his child, not the ex I’m referring to, not too long ago. Now I know it’s not my part and I shouldn’t have done it but one day we were at his house and he left his phone to go and get something out of his room and he received a text. I got a little nosey and looked through his phone. It was plenty of messages between him and his ex and him telling her how he feels/knows one day they’re gonna be back together and that they both just have some things to figure out first and how even when they took a break from each other and he went on and dated someone else, even had a child by someone else, he never stopped thinking of her. I haven’t mentioned it. I mean it’s not like he’s really my boyfriend but I do really like him but it sucks to know he could still possibly be in love with his ex. Or maybe he’s just telling her things to make her feel special.
2
0