How do I say no to someone I used to love without breaking their heart?

victoriaxoxo
I wrote about this guy in a few of my other posts so I won’t repeat the details. But long story short: he left me for someone else because our ‘relationship’ was going through a rough patch (according to him). He didn’t even inform me of this. He simply just stopped responding properly or replying altogether. He returned to me months later, begging for me to take him back but still sounding like the same dude that left me. I rejected him once, twice but he keeps on trying. I still have some feelings for him but they’re something I can deal with.

He recently asked us to meet up as friends, because ‘he enjoys my company’ and he feels like ‘we both need to get drunk and have a good chat since we have much to say’. I don’t know how I should respond. I can meet him if he really needs to see me but the best I can give him is closure. I don’t know how to go about making him realise that it is in fact over between us without breaking his heart. It is just a sad state of affairs at this point.
14
5