My mom is completely furious that I’m talking with my ex again and I don’t know how to handle her, any suggestions?

4everalone
My ex and I lived together for less than a month before he moved away. While we were together he was like a husband cooking, cleaning, & caring for me. The drawback was he didn’t have a job at the time. He had been visiting relatives in my state and was going back to his state where his job was. We tried to stay together but got into an argument we each said mean stuff. He recently apologized for what he said and now we talk every day but we haven’t discussed getting back together. I told my mom because I was really happy we were talking again and she got super pissed off about it and forbid me to get back together with him even though I’m an adult. What do I do? Has she gone mad? This isn’t the first time she hasn’t liked an ex or a friend of mine. How do I handle her?
2
1