Should I break up with my boyfriend or not?

Anonymous
So I've been dating this super sweet and super kind guy for a little over a year. We started dating in high school and now we are in college. Sometimes I go through moods where I want to break up with him and suddenly everything he does kinda irritates me. Then like a few days later I'm fine and I'm in love with him and all I want is him. Recently, I've been thinking about breaking up because of not just my mood swings. Right now it just feels like a lot to be in a relationship, it kinda just feels like I don't have the mental capacity for a relationship right now. I've been thinking about hooking up with other people which is a red flag in my head. I would never cheat on anyone, but I can't help the thoughts of hooking up with someone else. Even though I have the desire to break up, I still love and care about him deeply. He is so sweet and funny and smart. He's the whole package to me and I don't want to give him up, but it just feels like a lot to be in a relationship right now. I'm not sure what to do!
Should I break up with my boyfriend or not?
Add Opinion