Does my ex boyfriend miss me? Should I let him know I do miss him?

Anonymous
since our breakup 2 months ago, (long distance relationship, we have lived this whole year together, literally 24/7) we both headed home and he started his studies. The breakup wasn't nasty at all, in fact it ended so well it was even harder, we agreed we'd be friends cause we didn't want to lose each other from our lives. ever since we have chatted or had phone/video calls some times, and in the last week he texted me twice but over nonsense really, like super random questions. I replied friendly and was up for talking (I still love him but I keep my distance) and he simply made the conversation short. He isn't very active on texts or social media anyway. The second time I didn't put an effort to keep the convo going, tho I did wonder if I should ask him if he felt like talking, I feel like the excuses are silly at this stage.
But why would he text me if he didn't plan to talk then, and for such simple excuses he used.
I noticed a few days ago he erased lots of his FB timeline posts, including all of the pictures he was tagged in (many of them were photos I took but he also erased all the rest from other friends) and he even deleted people's bday greetings. He only kept two pics, one of which I took.
I want to chat with him, not really looking for anything to change (or yes but maybe long after), I'm about to face another trip and I know he's busy studying
PS: every time we spoke he made extreme emphasis on how he was only studying and not partying, which I didn't respond much to. I have been acting not so loving, just friendly bc he's the one who dumped me
1
1