I broke up w/ my ex 3 months ago. She who was going through an extremely difficult time. I blocked her, but want to send a anonymous Christmas letter?

Anonymous
So I dated a girl earlier this year for 7 months. She was 26 and I was 37 at the time. I dated her more for her personality than looks tbh. But I struggled to stay attracted. But to make things more complicated is she has been diagnosed with several psychological issues, came from both a physically:sexually abusive family. She grew in a bad area but moved to my state.

Anyway she treated me VERY well (cooked for me, never freeloaded, rubbed my feet, supported me on my problems, etc). I tried hard to force myself to make it work.

She is somewhat pretty but her lifestyle screwed a lot of it up. She doesn’t work out much because she has epilepsy (she’s tall “skinny” fat) and she needs about 10 grand in orthodontics/dental work. You can just see it in her face what her twisted upbringing did to her. Her brother tried to kill her once. I tried to see her as someone who was trying to be different. But what was been done to her had taken its toll. Her dad is an alcoholic who has gender dysphoria.

I have my own issues (raised my an extremely domineering mother, bullied ruthlessly in grade school) but fought back. I worked hard in school, sports and my career. So I’m doing okay. But it was good to open to her about past issues without being judged and having to keep my man face up 24/7.

Anyway breaking up with her was very tough. As expected she went ballistic. It got so bad she threatened to kill herself and we had to call the cops. After a brief text exchange 3 weeks later (she was still nasty) I blocked all her contact info.

I thought about carefully writing an anonymous holiday “thinking of you ” letter. Make sure the wording doesn’t give away my identity. Just a simple thoughtful letter wishing her well. I’m doing this because I know what it’s like to be in her place. I simple anonymous letter (that even hinted to be from someone who really liked) would have gone a long for me. Maybe I could do that for someone else.
1
2