Guys, Would you let your parents choose/influence who you are with?

Anonymous
My boyfriend just broke up with me because his parents told him that I wasn’t “marrying type,” due to the fact that I don’t come from as much money as his family. My boyfriend used to tell me it would always be me and him no matter what; and here he just caved in as soon as they complained about me. I may not have come from as much money, but I was the only woman that never cheated on their son, I supported his goals and crazy work schedule. We lived together for three and a half years and I was always There when he needed me. Then today he just dumps me at my birthday party in front of everyone; saying that his parents advised him against being with me. It broke my heart and embarrassed me. My question is If you loved a woman that your parents disapproved of, would you defy them and be with her or would you dump her?
7