Am I overthinking? or been hopeful?

Anonymous
My ex broke up with me 7 months ago, after a year of dating & 3 years of close friendship. He said there was no connection. which is bull. We used to work together until he got a new job. After we split, I sent him maybe 3 messages in regards to events / handing each other's stuff back to one another & it was pretty civil. He said the whole Ill always love you etc.
For the majority of the last 6 months, I have left him totally alone, in hope he'll come back. I know hell miss me to a degree (not in an arrogant way.) However, about 6 weeks ago I noticed he had blocked me/on fb. This hurts, I haven't harassed him or anything. He barely puts anything on fb & we have mutual friends so if he had a new girlfriend i'd find out. Obv that would hurt but its his life. A few weeks later I noticed his watsap pic had gone - so I'm assuming he has now deleted me from his phone. Again I find this weird. He's mates with his other ex so why not me? I haven't done anything wrong. Its not like I'm on his Facebook page every day / week even & we used to be close.
His best m8 still works with me. This past week or so, its been really weird. He's asked me if I'm seeing anyone, if I have met someone on a night out -all in a kinda jokey manner but he knows how much I love (d) my ex. Part of me hopes he's trying to dig up dirt for my ex as he has realised what he has lost but the other part is thinking maybe my ex has moved on..
Thing with my ex is he can be quite shy & definitely commitment shy & he doesn't open up to many people. So I find it a tad difficult to believe he has got into a 'serious' relationship in that time frame. He told me it took him a year to pluck up the courage with me. Tho everyone changes & is different.
Despite no contact, I still think of him every day. I've always said he's meant to be in my life - even as mates. I try to keep myself busy. I've started meditating, going out, joined a dating app, even been on a date or 2, so its not like i'm not sat at home moping.
Am I overthinking? or been hopeful?
Add Opinion