How can I keep him from letting this happen to himself?

Rica_ChicaUSA
I've tried several times to get away, as in break up, but I didn't realize he started drinking the first time I did manage to get away for about half a year. He was so innocent before. And now that I tried again, he's back on it. I feel horrible because he's so happy when we are together.
I went through the same thing when my first love left, and I was drunk for most of three whole years. So I know what it's like, and I don't want him going through this. But I don't want to give him just false hopes either.

I know I should feel bad for breaking his heart, I get it. But I just want to know how to make this better on him. I'm not concerned about myself. I'm aware that I probably deserve anything negative that comes my way from it. But is there anything I can do to try to prevent him from going through this?
14
1