Found out that my ex is on Tinder. Did he lie to me about needing to work on himself?

TheRealTayler
Hey, It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. Today I found out my ex was on Tinder when my friend showed me a screenshot of his profile. It's been 10 months since the break up, about 4 months since we met up and had sex, and about a month of no contact.

I just think it's kind of messed up since he told me it was because he loves me that he doesn't want to get in the way of my growth and he knows that if we get together right now again he will fall back into patterns of a bad personality and the habits of toxicity. He said this isn't goodbye forever because I'm the best person that has been in his life after I went to his court hearing to support him.

But, now that I have discovered him on Tinder I feel like that was a lie. What he must have meant was I want to date I just don't want to date you. It really hurts. It's a huge set back for me. I'm scared that he's going to move on before I do, that I'm going to get stuck in my progress and will still be stuck on him years later.
2
0