Need advice going through a break up?

Anonymous
Today I ended up having to call the cops on my fiance (ex?) We've been going through a really tough time emotionally and financially and we were having a talk. It quick escalated and turned into an argument with him telling me he doesn't feel like I love him and I agree I need to be more affectionate and stuff, but it's hard when we're going through this. He's put me through a lot and we argue all the time and I am honestly quite resentful that he's given me so many insecurity issues, so it's hard to want to. I do love him though and agreed that I should show it more, but he kept going and going blaming me, yelling, calling me names, intimidating me, saying he doesn't love me or want to be with me and could find another girl so easily, etc. He, many times, told me he was going to commit suicide and didn't even care about anything and didn't want my love anymore. He broke up with me and was trying to go to his family 2 hours away for God knows what reason. I texted my mom to have her send the cops over. After they left the first time, he was acting like nothing was wrong. Then he started calling me names, saying I was a pussy for calling the cops, he called his grandma and they were talking shit about the whole situation making it a joke.
I ended up having to call the cops AGAIN because I didn't feel safe. They talked to us both separately and helped him out with resources for mental health and therapy. It went well and he did leave, but he left on good terms. I told him to stay in touch only because we have a baby, he said absolutely, we hugged, kissed, he said he loves me and that he just needs a break. He's gonna be gone for the next few days and I WANT so badly to make things work with him. We're going to be attending therapy and trying to better ourselves, but I don't know what's going to happen when he comes back. I want to do what's best for once. I don't know if I'm going to want to be with him or what, but it's such a hard decision for me to make because
10 mo
I do truly love him. Loving him has made me blind to so many things, but I need to be smart about everything from now on and i want to do this right. We're starting with basically starting with a clean slate and it could go either way. What should I do? Should I let him stay away for a while so we can work on ourselves separately, or should I accept him back and work this out together? He's really not a bad guy at all. He's a sweetheart and it's really sad that he's this stressed out and I feel
10 mo
horrible that the cops had to be involved. We have a kid together so he can never be out of my life completely, and I don't think we'll be apart for long, but in the meantime I don't know how to approach this whole thing. Is 3 days enough?
Need advice going through a break up?
1
0