How long is long enough to fully move on from a divorce and entering into a new relationship?

Anonymous
My friend's wife cheated on him after being married for almost a decade and having two wonderful children together. They got divorced eight months ago and he was devastated. And now he is back to dating again trying to find love. Don't get me wrong we are happy for this as he is a great man and deserves happiness.
However, he is seeing someone who is polar opposite to his ex that I started to believe that deep down he is not over her yet! for example, his ex was a religious catholic and his new girl is a hijabi Muslim! his ex was of a rich well known American family and his current girls is middle class from another country. His ex was popular and outgoing and his gilr now is a shy introvert! Not only that, appearance wise his ex was white, blue eyes and blond, but his new girl is of another ethnicity, a woman of color with black hair and deep brown eyes. Also, his ex was a skinny model unlike his current girl being curvey. And the list gos on. YES, his current choice is also a unique beautiful woman and she shows so much care and love for him. But every thing about her is different culturally.
I am concerned that my friend is just over compensating and hurt. And I don't want him to be hurt again by jumping too quick into a new relationship that is mainly with someone who is not his ex wife! it is not fair to his new girl either.

I've been thinking whether I should say something to him and maybe ask him to slow down a bit and wait for a while until he is fully healed so he doesn't rush into anything. I honestly don't really think that he is over his ex still tbh.
3
2