I miss my ex so much, do you think I should try to reach out?

Anonymous
After our break up 3 months ago, which was extremely friendly, still kissing goodbye and all sad, we wanted to be friends but it was too soon so we stopped contact.
Since then he's been the one to start contact mostly, but kinda breadcrumbing, asking how I am and bout a retainer he forgot at home (long distance relationship, lived together for 7 months while travelling the world and to our homes) I used to reply friendly until I got sick of his attitude, we exchange few texts and that's it, so last time I replied just dry and neutral, told him I send it to him and that that's it
But I miss him a loooooooot, I'd like to be able to talk with him without all this awkwardness and coldness.
We follow each other on spotify and I see he's listening to all this melancholic music, and sometimes our jams
Should I try to reach out? What do you think he thinks of me? does he miss me or remember me in a positive way? I do think of him with a nice light and he always said I was the best and really cool
the relationship was super intense, it was long distance and also we lived together since the day 1 we met while travelling
1
1