Post-breakup depression?

mermaidrocketship
I was talking to a guy from church for a year. We weren’t in an official relationship, there wasn’t anything physical happening, but I had a really close relationship with this guy. And I’ve never had a boyfriend, so he was the closest thing for me. We saw each other 2-3 times a week, texted all the time, and were really open with each other about our mental health struggles. He would always refer to our outings as dates and I got good night texts. We were pretty much together without being together, if that makes sense.

But it’s 100% over now. He did something super awful and put me in extreme danger. I also found out that he was lying and manipulating me. For the first couple weeks after our “breakup” it was hard to put necessary distance between us. I have to see him at church events, and he gets noticeably teary-eyed around me. But I made it without going back to him.

It’s a month and a half out, which feels like forever, and I’m not coping well. I go to work, which at this point I struggle to get up for, and I come home and lay in my bed watching tv until it’s late enough to go to bed. I’m bored. I hang out with people every chance I get but don’t feel connected to them. And I have a therapist and antidepressants, but I feel like this is just something I have to work through. Meds can’t help.

How do I handle this?
Post-breakup depression?
0
1