He said I was the best thing to ever happen to him then he chose another girl?

Lillyannex3
I kinda fell for my brothers friend and he told me we could never be together from the start of our friendship because of my brother but he would still tell me he wants to be with me and stay with me all the time then he would go and get a girlfriend my feelings would get hurt they would breakup and he would come back to me and this was a cycle with two girls for over a year. We have been through so much together and we were at an understanding that we were just friends but he always said that I was in love with him which I wasn’t like at all. He told me he loves me and that I’m the best thing that has ever happened to him then he goes and get back with his ex. She gives him everything, money, lets him drive her car, sex and I wouldn’t do anything of that for him I mean I fed him when he didn’t have food let him stay with me but all that other stuff I just couldn’t do. I just don’t understand why he led me on told me all this stuff and chose her? Was I not good enough for him?
2
1