My ex (who broke up me) acts like nothing happened. What should I do?

Anonymous
My ex broke up with me all of sudden, without much explanation. It was quite hurtful to me but, in all honestly, I felt like I wasn’t giving him as much as wanted out of a relationship anyway. So, when he began communicating with me again I decided, since he was very important to me, and an overall great guy, that I was open to being friends.

But, the way he left me was very hurtful. And I told him we needed to talk about what happened first and take some space before attempting to pursue a friendship. Twice he’s promised me he agrees and that we’d do that, be he doesn’t follow through. He has continued to text me more and more until it’s as if nothing ever happened. He’s even began to flirt again.

I called him out on it, and said I meant what I had said earlier, and he just ignores me and hits me up with a funny meme or something random later. And goes back to trying to talk.

I feel like my boundaries and feelings are not being respected but I’ve told him this multiple times. What should I do?
42
10