How narcissistic is it to think you improved someone's self-esteem, especially when you didn't treat them right?

My ex can't seem to stop posting about his "influence" over my self-worth. Yes, in a way he had SOME influence-- I learned that will not tolerate the a man that treats me the way that he did. And some of the disgusting hygienic things I learned by being in a relationship with him.

When I first came to GaG, I found a place where I could share some things about myself that I haven't been able to share in my real life, including my struggle with anxiety and depression.

Now I have to see him posting lies about me, claiming that I have other mental illnesses. In reality, he's angry that I rejected his horrid behavior and recognized him as a narcissist (also labeled by a professional that he claims doesn't know what she's talking about).

I recognize the uncomfortable place that this has put some of our mutual online friends in. I understand if you distance yourself from me or him, or whatever you need to do. I remember how convincing he was.
How narcissistic is it to think you improved someones self-esteem, especially when you didnt treat them right?
14 d
I've decided that that's enough. I've asked my last and final question about him. It's not going to ever change anything. It's disruptive to the enjoyment and positivity that I initially found when I came to GaG. And I no longer want anyone to feel caught in the middle of this futile war. While I will never apologize to him again, I'm sorry that my friends here and others have had to endure this!
27
12