Please help me... should I break up?

Anonymous
Here is an honest background of my current relationship: I have been in love with a man 3 years older than me, coming from another country than me, for 3 years.
It started out as a genuine friendship, but eventually I fell in love with who he was. I was 17 back then. I knew a lot about him but little about how he looked like, and I didn't care. After 6 months of friendship, I couldn't deny my feelings anymore so told him the truth and he felt the same, so we decided that we were in a "relationship". This is where things start to change for the worse... first of all, I initially wanted to stop all contacts with him, as I was being rational and knew it would be extremely hard to meet him. But he told me I shouls try to be his girlfriend still, because all he had to do was a 12 month internship, then he would be in the UK (where I was planning to study) so forever with me. Turns out he didn't get this internship until 18 months went by, and had I known this, I wouldn t have started anything with him the first place. Long story short these 18 months were absolute hell because of distance. I was completely broken yet stayed loyal to him. Our relationship got more and more fragile as time went by, and I changed my expectations on life and on my future as I grew up from a teen to an adult. He started to be less and less the type of person that was right for me, but I still thought that if we could meet, everything would be sorted out. After 6 months of "sorry my visa isn't coming yet" he finally did make it to my place... and things have been disappointing.
8 mo
Continued:

Physically, I'm not attracted at all to his body. He is over weight and didn't tell me enough about it before (he did say he was overweight but given how much there is to lose, I think that I deserved more details). I am aware that body is superficial and doesn't last, but when it is to the point where you can't look at your partner, things start getting hard. He has been here for a month now and I still didn't managed to do much with him because I'm absolutely not attracted to him
8 mo
Continued:
and it's very hard to pretend I am...

Secondly, his personality is not what I thought it would be. It is gradually getting on my nerves... i used to like his constant banters, but I was 17 when I fell in love with that. I am 20 now and sick of forcing myself to close my ears on all the jokes he does that only make *him* laugh. Overall, our personalities are very different and im not sure he is the best for me...
Please help me... should I break up?
1
5