Should I give him a second chance?

Anonymous
I dated someone for about two months. Things were awesome and he basically was telling people that I was "his girl," before we even DTR'd. Everything was going well until we had a serious conversation about how I wouldn't sleep with him unless we were in a relationship. After this, he ended things because he "wasn't ready for a relationship," and basically told me he was scared of commitment from being hurt in the past. He said he still wanted to be friends with me, but I honestly needed space. I used the no contact rule for around a month and a half before he reached out to me. He called me and we talked for three hours and he said he still cared and if I ever needed someone he would be there. He also made it clear that he just wasn't the right person for me... Since then (it's been 3 months since the breakup) he's begun to casually text me. It's not like how it was (we used to text every day), but it's something. Recently, he's confessed that he misses me and has basically asked if we could start over/try again. This is confusing to me because he broke up with me and then basically said he wasn't right for me... and now he wants to start over? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I also don't want to get hurt again. What should I do? Thoughts?
Should I give him a second chance?
Add Opinion