Why does my ex keep texting me although he broke up with me?

Anonymous
I was in a long distance relationship with a guy for 8 months. He broke up with me last month because he couldn’t commit to me due to his busy work and a long distance. It was a graceful breakup because we were honest with and respected each other.

I didn’t want to lose a connection with him so he offered to keep in touch. However, I didn’t initiate contact after the breakup because I knew I had to move on.

After 12 days of silence, he texted me and asked how things were going. We exchanged a few texts and he stopped responding. After a few days, he again texted me. I tried to end our conversations but this time he keeps texting me. I wonder why..

If possible, I’d like to get back together with him in the future so I don’t want to ignore and be rude to him although now is too early to think about that.

I know it is impossible to read his mind but I cannot help but wonder what he is thinking..
3
0