Girls, how would you feel if you had to stop talking to your best friend because they wanted more?

Anonymous
We were pretty much best friends but had a very unhealthy relationship of codependency and I am the one that caught feelings so each time we gotten close, I had to express myself or avoid her to which she would message me why I am not talking to her and I had to explain myself over and over it's hard being a friend when I want more. We'd take breaks and reconnect over t he course of 4 years and she never saw anything more it appears but was also really close to me.

I had told her I don't think this is going to work out because I want more and maybe I just need time and after that she got mad and blocked me everywhere, so I am not sure if this is one of those cycles but I lost my best friend.
1