Do I have any chance of getting him back? How can I get him back?

Anonymous
My boyfriend of 4 and a half years broke up with me less than a week ago. Everything had seemed fine, and it really felt like we had made a great turning point in the last few weeks. (3 months ago I had a breakdown, we had a HUGE blow out and agreed to make changes to work on things). We’re long distance at the moment and we had made plans for him to come to my house and stay the week. When he got here he was different, weird, cold and distant. I discovered on the third day of him being here, after asking why he was behaving like this, that he had been pursuing another girl for the last week or two. I went crazy (obviously), only to be told that he actually wasn’t in love with me anymore and felt that we couldn’t be together. He repeatedly said that he still loves me and cares about me. I said that I could look past the cheating (it didn’t get intimate), and we could improve things. He said no as there are too many issues, the relationship is too much pressure and he doesn’t feel the same way about the relationship or me. He said he wanted to be friends, I said no. He left and we didn’t speak for 4 days.

I went to go and collect my stuff and talk to him yesterday. I wanted to be able to say how we could turn things around, but in a calm and controlled manner. I said let’s literally press the reset button and I was prepared to do whatever it takes because our relationship is important to me. It didn’t work and he continued to say the same things. He again said I was his best friend and he wanted us to remain friends, and I said I couldn’t do that. I left, informing him that this really was it and that we will not see or speak to each other again.

I am utterly heartbroken and destroyed. I love this guy to the very bottom of my soul. I’m praying that there is some chance he will reach out to me and realise his mistake.
Do you think I have any hope? What should I do to get him back?

I’m not going to contact him.
4
1