Would you date a guy that doesn’t drive?

Anonymous
I’ve been talking to this guy who is a year younger than me for the past 6 months. I knew from the start that he doesn’t have a license and he didn’t have a car but I didn’t think it would be a problem initially. Disclaimer: I don’t care if he doesn’t have a car, I just wish he had a license at least. Anyways, now that the weather is warmer and quarantine restrictions are loosening up a bit, he always wants to hang out and of course I always have to go and pick him up every time. I didn’t mind driving around the first 3 months, but now it’s really getting to me. I’m fed up of always being the one to drive and would like to have the option to be picked up and taken out for once in a while. I get really upset seeing my friends boyfriends always picking them up and taking care of them while I always feel like i’m restricted because the guy I’m seeing can’t even come get me in and emergency situation. It’s honestly really embarrassing not only for him but for me as well. I once got asked by someone why the guy I’m seeing couldn’t come pick me up and had to explain to him that he doesn’t drive, which was very embarrassing especially watching the person trying to hide their laughter. He has booked an appointment to do his driving test in 2 months but I really don’t know if I can wait that long and summer will be over by then. It’s starting to become a real turn off for me and makes me feel that he’s not very responsible because he waited so long to get his license. Is this worth ending things with him?
Would you date a guy that doesn’t drive?
Add Opinion