I think he still loves his ex and I don’t know what to do?

Nameformyself
This is my first time posting on here but I have no one else to ask and I don’t know what to do.

I met my boyfriend just before covid but we spent about a week together and it was instant love.

He didn’t tell me he spoke to his ex still and this week I was using his phone for something else and I looked at his messages and saw that he is still speaking to his ex.

They’d obviously had a big argument because I saw that he had told her that he loved me and she said that she couldn’t speak to him anymore. Then he said he was only speaking to me because he was stubborn and hadn’t seen me for a long time due to covid and that it probably wouldn’t go anywhere anyway.

She told him she was cutting him off and he suggested they still speak just not everyday.

I am devastated. Do you think he meant it or was just saying that to keep her in his life and he does love me?
4
5