I want my ex back, is there still a chance? Be as blunt as possible.

My ex and I were together for 6 years. We broke up because of a lot of complicated reasons. We stayed in contact for about a few months after the breakup and things got messy when he started seeing someone else. Well long story short, I got psycho when I found out that he was seeing someone else.. I asked him to choose and he chose her. Eventually, they got together and I was heartbroken. We didn't talk for about 9 months. Well, I thought I had fully gotten over him.. I was living my life, having fun with my friends. I'd mss him sometimes but not to the point that I would do some crazy stuff like I did back then. Then, around 3 months ago, I was just hanging out with my girl friend when we decided to send him a text message. I was just wondering how he is and stuff like that. Maybe that we can be friends now. I wasn't expecting a reply and he did. He called me and we talked for a while catching up on our lives. Then, afterward, he said that his girlfriend can't know. So, I was like okay whatever. It's not like his girlfriend and I are friends. After a few days, we talked for like 5 hours on the phone again... there was a lot of flirting... then the conversation ended up in the sex topic. He told me that sex with his current girlfriend wasn't as great as ours. I told him that I hadn't had sex with anyone else yet. We had this talk before during our relationship that whatever happens in the future he doesn't want me to be a slut and have crazy one night stands with guys. If I want to have sex, I'll just ring him. So I was just teasing him that maybe if we see each other, that might happen.. but I don't want to cause he has a girlfriend. A few days later, the call came. He had wanted to hang out and long story short. We had sex. Then, it happened around 5 times after that. I would ask him "are you happy with her? how come you're doing this?" and he'd always answer "...uh... yea.. I'm happy" or if I ask him "do you love her?" he'd answer "yea.. you can say that I love her" it was never a direct answer. now, this got me thinking that maybe his current girlfriend is just the rebound, but they've been together for about 8 months now.. so are things getting serious? if it is why is he still seeing me? I told him about this guy I'm interested in.. and he told me to stay away from that guy cos that guy was bad news and true enough it was. he told me, "i really want you to be happy." so now... I'M REALLY CONFUSED. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? I want him back (I think?) but I don't know how. the situation is just too complicated for me.
2
1