I'm having an affair with a younger man. I'm in love with him. Should I leave my husband to be with him?

Anonymous
Im having an affair with a younger man. Im in love with him. Should I leave my husband to be with him?
I am a married woman with children and I'm having an affair with a younger man (I'm 41, he's 26)

I know what we're doing is wrong but neither of us intended for it to get this far or for anyone to get hurt. My marriage hasn't ever been good. My husband isn't a bad person, but I've never felt he was a good husband. He's always been cold, distant, etc. I've never felt emotional intimate with him. For the past 5 years we haven't gotten along at all, we constantly argue, and there is no intimacy between us at all! I just plodded on for the sake of my my daughter, even after she left home.

I met H (the other man) when we began working together on a major project assigned to both of us at work. I was physically attracted to him, but I never thought anything could happen between us.
We clicked immediately/became fast friends. He was warm, caring, and could always make me laugh. I eventually started talking to him about personal things my husband never cared about. He's a great listener. I could always tell he cared about how I felt/what I was saying. I fell in love. I found out he felt the same way. We started having an affair. (He eventually got another job in a different company as he wanted to continue the relationship). I have an intimate physical/emotional connection with him I've never had with my husband. I've had many fantasies of divorcing my husband and marrying H. I've even gone to the doctor to see if I can still get pregnant/have a family with him (It's still very possible). The only reason I'm not off the pill is I'm still married.

I'm still worried how it'll affect my daughter. She's older (20)/not living with us anymore, but I know divorce can still negatively affect her. While I don't love my husband I still care for him at some level/I do worry about how this will hurt him. I'm also worried about the age difference. It doesn't affect things much now, but it may in the future.

Should I leave my husband for him or should I end the relationship?
1 y
Just to clarify I've always wanted more kids. My husband is the one that didn't want more.
11
6